Thursday, December 9, 2010

Glass Christmas Ornament Part 1

This month, the Tattered Angels design team will be showing you how to work those glimmer mediums on glass.

Here's the first of my projects - an altered Christmas glass ornament:


The ornament started off as a plain glass bauble, which I painted with Tattered Angels glimmer glaze in Emerald Cove. I deliberately applied the glaze in short strokes, creating a streaky look. I then added a Prima poinsettia and some Prima crystal flourishes and finally topped off with my hand-dyed variegated seam binding in shades of red. All done and ready for the Christmas tree. :)

I'll be posting more Tattered Angels altered items over the next couple of days. Check back then. :)

5 comments:

LG said...

WOW this is amazing

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful! ~Diane

Deanna said...

Gorgeous Sue!

BabyBokChoy said...

very very very pretty!!!

mrich2500 said...

Love the ornaments...great colors!