Monday, December 13, 2010

Heart Christmas Ornament

All December the Tattered Angels team will be demonstrating how well the glimmer mediums work on glass. Over the last couple of days I've shown you my projects using glimmer glam and glimmer glaze on glass Christmas ornaments. This next one is slightly different.


I picked up this clear heart-shaped ornament from a craft store. Instead of painting the whole heart in just one shade of glimmer glaze, I decided to paint with it. I first stamped a large flourish from My Tattered Angels' glimmer screens on the glass heart as a guide. The great thing about the acrylic stamp is that you can mould it to fit the curvatures on the 3D heart. After that, I painted on the flourish using Glimmer Glaze in Flirty. Then, for an iridescent shimmer of translucent opal, I painted on Glimmer Glam in Chandelier on the inside of the heart.

The ornament is finished off with some silk and cotton ribbons, a string of pearls and a delicate rose from Zva Creative.

Have you checked out the Laines Papeterie and PaperMarket blogs? There's a special 12 Days of Christmas event starting today. Lots of inspiration and surprises in store for shoppers. I'll be back with my Laines/PaperMarket in a few days. Do check back then. :)

7 comments:

Christiane said...

susan, you never stop to amaze me. love all the ornaments and tags.
your creations are always stunning!!
hugs

barbara said...

How gorgeous this is! Thanks for the inspiration!

sharon Ong said...

Your ornaments are so pro!!! they are really beautiful!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

that is so pretty!!!

Rachel Tsarofski said...

I have a large glass jar that I want to fill with something for Valentine's Day and use for a decoration. I would like to try and make something like your heart ornament but you say you got the glass heart from "a craft shop". Where? You should include a list "to make you will need" so others know what they need and where they can get it.

Thanks, Rachel

Rachel Tsarofski said...

I have a large glass jar that I want to fill with something for Valentine's Day and use for a decoration. I would like to try and make something like your heart ornament but you say you got the glass heart from "a craft shop". Where? You should include a list "to make you will need" so others know what they need and where they can get it.

Thanks, Rachel

Sue Lui said...

Rachel, I got the heart ornament from a craft shop in Singapore. You can probably find something similar in a shop in your own country.