Wednesday, January 19, 2011

By The Sea

Did you catch the Tattered Angels Colored Connections live u-stream broadcast earlier today? Wow! Tattered Angels is collaborating with Prima, Pink Paislee and House of Three for some fantastic packs and mistable products. One of my favourites - Prima is coming out with some mistable canvas. How fun is that? I love how TA's mediums work on canvas. Here's something I created for Tattered Angels a couple of weeks back.

I altered an 8x8 canvas using the new Limited Edition Spring 2011 colours. 


I used Glimmer Mists in Puerto Rico, Bahama Blue, Trunk Bay and Sun Sisters. I also layered Glimmer Glam in Chandelier, Golden Goddess and Blue Suede Shoes in between the layers of mists and you can see how the colours build up, with the glam resisting the mists.



I wanted the focus of the layout to be on the photo and the background so I went for a minimalistic look, completing the canvas with just a single stalk of Prima vine. The wrinkled seam binding you see on the Prima floral vine was hand-dyed using glimmer mists to match the canvas. Ahh.. gotta love how you can mist anything to match your layout or project. :)

2 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

wow, that is really beautiful, the canvas and the layering of colors, amazing!!

shaggyfish said...

minimalist is great sometimes! love the colours on the canvas and how you mist to match the colours :) looks fun!