Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spring Tag

The Tattered Angels DT recently created some tags to bring a bit of spring into our homes using the wonderful Spring 2011 Bahama Cruise Colors Limited Edition Glimmer Mist.

When I think Spring, I think of flowers, butterflies and gardens. So I decided to alter a large manila tag reflecting a cheery garden the new Spring colours. 


I first misted the tag with the bright sunny yellow of Sun Sisters glimmer mist. I then stamped the image of the plants on the tag and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I misted on shades of blue and green using Trunk Bay, Bahama Blue and Puerto Rico. You'll see that the embossed image resists the mists beautifully, allowing the yellow mist to show through.


To give the tag more texture, I brushed on some Glimmer Glam in Organic Garden and ran my tag through my embossing machine, giving it some raised dots. The tag was finished off with some hand cut flower and butterfly details from Basic Grey's Curio collection, mist-dyed seam binding and lace.


And speaking of Spring, Chinese New Year will be upon us soon. Ahh... lots of feasting! :)

6 comments:

Christiane said...

ahhh, sue!! i wanny touch it!! please sned it over. ;)
wow, this is a beauty of tag!!
happy sunday!!

Zarah said...

Oh Sue, sweetie... How do you DO this? You jhust keep blowing me away. I'm LOVING this! ♥

Tammi said...

so beautiful!!

Tanya Tahir said...

Oh wow, Sue this is amazing! Such gorgeous details. You've inspired me and I now NEED those spring colours in my collection! :)

ginalovesdave said...

VERY beautiful. I love the colors you chose!

BabyBokChoy said...

I love the colors!!! What a shabby chic tag, love it!!