Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bloom

The new Sweetly Smitten collection from Sassafras Lass has arrived in Singapore. :) I had the chance to play with it a couple of weeks ago when PaperMarket brought home samples from CHA and passed them to me. Here's what I created:


I love this new collection of soft colours and sweet flowers. I decided I would create a soft shabby-sweet layout of flowers paired with layers of muslin cloth and crinkled seam binding.



The flowers you see in the layout are from Sassafras' new Foldies die-cut paper. All you need to create a 3D effect is punch them out and then fold along the seam. I arranged the flowers in a circle, varying the heights with 3D pop dots for even more dimension. The backing patterned paper was distressed and crumpled, and over it I lay some soft muslin and crinkled seam binding for more texture and depth.

Other details:

The titlework, using Sassafras sticker alphas.



Another view to see all the dimension.


Visit PaperMarket and Laines for your Sassafras Lass fix. And lots more new arrivals. I did. :)

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

very cute susan!

1CardCreator said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love all the flowers and the ruffle like trim.

Nerrida said...

Oh wow - yu do collage so well. Gorgeous!

Christiane said...

all the layering - sooo great!!