Thursday, February 10, 2011

An Embossed Metal Card

Have you tried Tattered Angels mists, glams and glazes on metal? I did and I love the effect. Here's the card I made for Tattered Angels.


I found a sheet of thin metal foil in my kitchen cabinet and ran this through my embossing machine with a Tim Holtz texture plate. I then painted it with Tattered Angels Tide Pool glimmer glam and Waterfall glaze and turned this embossed and painted metal into a greeting card. Don’t you love the shine of blue against the silver metal?



I used the new chalkboard mist in Alaskan Salmon on the chipboard scallop oval.



Gotta love all the textures and dimension going on in this card. And not a flower in sight. ;)

7 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

Dang it girl - you stole my idea, LOL!!! Looks FAB!

BabyBokChoy said...

You have no idea how long i stared at this card at the TA blog before FINALLY scrolling down, lol. i love it!

Tanya Tahir said...

so beautiful, Sue - never thought to emboss foil before and it looks great with the misting too :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

WOW!! I seriously sat here for about 5 minutes just staring at this...lol it's so beautiful! I love the colors and the swirls :D

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Christiane said...

holy moly, sue!! it's one amazing card!! seems as i need glimmer glam, huh??
have a nice weekend!!

Linda Elbourne said...

Some beautiful embossing Sue ... Thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week ... we hope to see you again soon!

Marjie K said...

Gorgeous! The torn edge caught my eye in the gallery and then I just sat and ogled it once open. Lovely!