Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grungy Canvas Tag



I had fun creating this grungy canvas tag with My Tattered Angels glimmer mists and Tim Holtz stamps. I went for an unusual marigold and forest colour combination of Glimmer Mists in Sun Sisters, Tiger Lily and Forest Green, layered with Glimmer Glam in Chandelier and Peach Bellini in between. I really like how you can build up the layers of mists and glam to create textures and free-flowing colours.

To complete the canvas tag, I stamped a couple of my favourite Tim Holtz stamp images on to the tag in black, then heat embossed them for added texture.The wrinkled seam binding was also hand-dyed with matching glimmer mists of green.

6 comments:

Evgenia said...

Lovely tag!

Juanna Hope said...

i like the feel of this tag! (: you make really nice ones! maybe shd do a video tutorial one day? hehe :p

Zarah said...

That is breathtakingly stunning!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Brilliant work! This is totally gorgeous and so unique. I love the use of canvas and am amazed with how you built up the wonderful colors with your glimmer and glam. A real work of art! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Christiane said...

if you don't need it: let me know!! it's wonderful, sue!! :))

Yashila said...

Nice Blog! Well most of your content and image is original and informative. /many thanks for sharing this, cheers.

Canvas Prints From Photos