Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shabby Floral Card

  
Here's a vintage shabby card I created for My Tattered Angels.

The base of the card uses Bazzill Basics Paper’s Glazed Cardstock in Stripe White. I misted the glazed paper with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist. The glazed stripes resisted the mists perfectly and I achieved this pretty pink striped background. 


For that vintage shabby look, I layered a doily print from Pink Paislee, a floral lace trim from Prima, some muslin and hand-crinkled seam binding from my stash, all topped off with a Prima flower and a filigreed metal butterfly.

The floral trim on the card is from Prima and was originally lilac. I misted this over with Chocolate Covered Cherries Glimmer Mist, resulting in a lovely vintagey brown-pink mix.

 


3 comments:

Heidi Bound said...

I LOVE your use of embellishments! This card is so pretty-anyone who receives it will cherish it.

Evgenia said...

lovely card!

BabyBokChoy said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!