Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back to Nature

Here's a layout I created using My Mind's Eye's Lost and Found 2 Blush collection. The soothing pink and mint hues of this collection are so sweet. Very un-me in terms of colour selection. :)

The photo was taken during my daughter's recent school field trip to Wales by a teacher who accompanied them there. I love the angle and composition of the photo.



I created a shadow box with the frame of MME's Beautiful Girl Lovely patterned paper.



The overall colour theme was kept soft and muted to allow the photograph to stand out. The title is in white in keeping with the muted tones of the layout.


A lovely butterfly pearl flourish from Zva Creative and some Zva flowers.



Some banners and birds cut from MME's Favorite Party Paper and popped up on the shadow box for dimension.



The layout is at PaperMarket if you'd like to take a closer look.


Supplies:
Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 2 Blush Collection (Beautiful Girl Lovely, Favorite Party, Sweet Bouquet, Sweet Eiffel)
Pearl flourish - Zva Creative butterfly pearl flourish (PES-03CA-101)
Flowers - Zva Creative bulk flowers in pink
Punches - Martha Stewart border punches
Others - Ranger Industries Liquid Pearls, Tim Holtz Distress Inks

3 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

What a unique idea!!! so pretty and delicate!

shaggyfish said...

love the contrast of the photo and the colours of the papers used.
very interesting!
and thanks for dropping by my blog.. and go go and bake a rainbow cake toooooo... is really yum yummy!!!
have a great week ahead, Sue!

sharon Ong said...

I like the depth of the shadowbox and the way the photo 'pops'!