Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Aidan & Daisy

I was surfing the net yesterday and came across this lovely sketch by Kim Keane at My Creative Sketches. I had an idea of how I was going to use it and as I had the afternoon free, I decided to give it a shot.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my take:


I decided to scrap a photo of our puppy, Aidan, and his good doggy pal, Daisy. These two have a whale of a time together and this photo's so cute because it looks like the two of them are having a good chat with each other.


I used Prima's Romantique papers on the layout, along with a die cut from last season's Botanical collection. I went for a shabby-chic look with a subdued colour palette, distressed edges and lots of layering and dimension.


I dug deep into my stash of Prima flowers and merrily layered them over some scrunched up lace and trims. You might recognize some of the flowers from a few seasons ago mixed in with some brand new ones from this CHA. :)


The alphas are also from Prima and I chose a tone on tone for the title-work, selecting an off-white alpha over the beige patterned paper.


Thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

look how lucky they are to be so adorned!!! gorgeous layout!

Angel said...

Oh Wow... This gorgeous... Love the shabby chic....Thanks for playing along..

Sandi Smith said...

Just beautiful...love it!

Mycreativescrapbook said...

What a Beautiful layout, I love this

thanks for playing

~Melissa~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! love all the layers!! Thanks for playing along

Marina said...

that is super gorgeous!!!!!!!!

sharon Ong said...

very Susan! Very pretty! :)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

This is gorgeous!!! So romantic and I love the flower cluster!!!!!!!!

shaggyfish said...

hahaha... aidan got girlfriend already!
pretty!!!