Saturday, October 29, 2011

Apple of My Eye

I recently laid my hands on some new Basic Grey Picadilly papers. The cheery colours and prints called out to me and I knew I had to scrap them with a new black and white photo I had. And this is what I came up with, inspired by a sketch at the Basic Grey blog.



As usual, I had to create a shabby-chic layout with lots of distressed edges layered with some lace, trims and Picadilly embellishments.


The lovely green crystal flourish is from Zva Creative. I turned it into a flutter trail for the butterfly and added some black Zva crystals for the butterfly's body and antennae.


The title work using Basic Grey sticker alphas. Did you spot the apple on the layout? Corny, I know. :)


Thanks for dropping by. :)



Supplies:
Crystals - Zva Creative Triumph Olive/Lime Crystal CRB-04CB-105
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey Picadilly collection
Embellishments - Basic Grey Picadilly collection
Alphas - Basic Grey Picadilly collection

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

How fun are these papers and your layout is gorgeous as usual!

Fabi Ormerod said...

Hi Sue, I LOVE your style girl...congrats for the ZVA team, hope we have fun together! cheers

jazsutra said...

Hi Sue, Fabulous layout as always...;) and Nice class project there ;)

and thx for coming by my blog..and your sweet comments for the girls ;) Usually we don't go far, just at the park nearby my place, most of the times just around TPayoh ;) itz easier to travel home when the kids get tired after the photoshoot hehe

Hv a nice week ahead ;)
jaz

nancyburke said...

Hi Susan! Saw that you posted a link over at BG and decided to check it out! Gorgeous page! Always a fan of your work since our days at G45 together. Take care- nancy