Monday, February 27, 2012

Graphic 45 Design Team 2012 Audition

Graphic 45's having a design team call and as you know I love all things Graphic 45. I was on the Graphic 45 DT in 2009 and have really fond memories of it. I didn't try out last year but continued to create with their gorgeous papers and products so I've decided to give it a go this year.

Here are a few projects I've created with Graphic 45 products.

Project 1: Olde Curiosity Shoppe Music Box
I created a music box using Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe collection, Kraftboard Altered Art Box, Flower Staples and Metal Buttons.



The cover opens up to reveal this:

 I made a little brass cameo from the yellow butterfly in the patterned paper.

 This next cover opens up to reveal the music box:

 I kept this compartment relatively unadorned so it can be used to keep bits of jewellery or keepsakes. And yes, that is a real music box. 


On the right of the music box is this shabby-chic page, adorned with butterflies.


The butterflies hold the key to a surprise to this project. It is the Olde Curiosity Shoppe collection after all, and we have to pique curiosity. Open up this page and ta-daaahh!


The Olde Curiosity Shoppe in 3D, along with a flying pig. :)



Project 2: Old Fashioned Camera
I made this next project on a whim yesterday after looking at the Curtain Call collection and my old stash of Communique papers. I thought it would be fun to create my own old fashioned camera. It still needs work and I'll probably make a new and improved model later. But for now, here's my version of a vintage camera.


The camera is made from recycled products like a biscuit box, toilet roll and bottle covers.


The back of the camera:


Which opens up to a glamorous 3D scene from the Red Carpet:





Project 3: Romantique Altered Film Canister and Mini Album
I altered Graphic 45's Metal Film Canister using the lovely Romantique papers. I went for a floral topper complemented by some flowers, butterflies, lace trims and doilies.


The mini album:

The inside pages of the mini, featuring a peekaboo window to the page behind:


Project 4: Layout - Wicked
We had just gone to catch Wicked the Musical in London and of course I had to scrap it using Graphic 45's The Magic of Oz papers.


The layout is created in a shadowbox-style, made from the Magic of Oz papers. The base of the layout is hemp, which reminded me of Scarecrow. The layout is built up in 3D layers, going about 4 layers deep.


Project 5: Layout - A Perfect Day
Another layout in a shadowbox style, this time using the very pretty Once Upon A Springtime papers.


Some close-ups:

 A little fairy sprinkling fairy dust on a rose.




Project 6: Layout - Notre Dame
A layout using le' Romantique papers in a cleaner romantic style with splashes of mist.



Project 7: Layout - Little Italy
I love the colours on this layout so decided to show it off as well. It's a layout from one of the earlier collections, On The Boardwalk.


  
Project 8: Layout - Hugs, Love, Kisses
Another layout using the ever-so-pretty Once Upon a Springtime collection. These papers are so easy to use they practically scrap themselves. Lots of fussy cutting here, layered with concentric circles of doilies and punched borders, with the foam dot layers going 4 levels high.



 
So there you have it, some of my most recent Graphic 45 projects as well as a couple of older ones. All the best to everyone trying out for the DT! 

17 comments:

Robin said...

Sue - your work is amazing. I'm stunned by your beautiful creations. I will keep my fingers crossed that you make the design team although I can't imagine you not making the team with your brilliance & creativity!

Evgenia Petzer said...

Simply stunning! on their place I would definitly pick you!
good luck!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wow wow!! Your work is just stunning!! Good luck with the DT call!

Cindy F said...

Beautiful projects. I especially love the retro camera - it's so cool! Best wishes on your entry.

sharon Ong said...

Hey Sue! That's an awesome box!!! All the best with the DT audition! :)

Tara Orr said...

Congrats on making the top 30!! Wonderful work!

Tracy Burtt said...

Lovely projects... congrats!

Nancy Wethington said...

Congrats on the top 30. Beautiful work!

betto said...

congratulations .... you is amazing!

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Absolutely amazing and mind blowing! WOW Wow WOW!! Incredible work! Congratulations on the Audition!

Crabtree-Creations said...

What stunning work you do! I am in awe! Your projects are clever, clean, and delightful to look at! I hope you get on the design team! You have such a fresh outlook on scrapping! My best wishes to you dear!

Crabtree-Creations said...

What stunning work you do! I am in awe! Your projects are clever, clean, and delightful to look at! I hope you get on the design team! You have such a fresh outlook on scrapping! My best wishes to you dear!

Gloria Stengel said...

The quality and dimension of your work just blows me away. Stunning! There is no way I could ever think of the things you imagine and create! Congrats on your G45 Top 30!

Lyneen said...

WOW... AMAZING... LOVE your work. Congratulations on making the DT! I look forward to inspiration from the team!

Kathy said...

These are amazing.

happybooker said...

Sue, I discovered this blog entry by through an enty on Pinterest. Old Curiosity Shoppe Music Box was so creative and the pop up was such a great surprise to behold. I hope you don't mind, but I just had to add it to my Pinterest to remember your clever ideas. I just joined the Graphic 45 fan page, but had not seen your work yet; I'm just too overwhelmed with it all. There is too much to take in. However, I do plan to follow you in the future. Thanks for the inspiration!

kerennguyen said...

Hi are there going to be tutorials on the projects?