Thursday, February 2, 2012

I ♥ You

Hello! It's February and maybe because Valentine's Day is just around the corner and there's pink paper collections all around, but whatever the reason, my scrapping colour du jour is pink and brown. Make that du mois. :)

Here's a layout I created using Basic Grey's new Kissing Booth collection.


I'm not a pink layout person, but the mix of browns and not overly lovey-dovey prints in the BG papers made it ideal for making a grungy-if-somewhat-sweet layout of my puppy. I went to town with my distressing tool, distress inks and crushed up the patterned papers as I went along to create lots of textural frames.


Some close-ups:

A sweet pink flower and crystal swirl from Zva Creative atop a collage of doily, lace trims and Basic Grey elements.

  


I like those little birdies. They look somewhat annoyed. :)

So what are you creating for Valentine's Day? I'm in the mood for some Valentine's Day cards and possibly a mini album.


List of Supplies:
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey Kissing Booth collection
Paper Embellishments - Basic Grey Kissing Booth
Flowers - Zva Creative FL-04CA-132
Crystals - Zva Creative CRW-04CB-115

3 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

i love the layers here, so cute :)

Karen Shady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Shady said...

WOW.. the distressing on this is amazing Sue ... love it al. And your Puppy is soooo cute :)