Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Graphic 45 - Altered Cake Box

I'm up on the Graphic 45 blog today and here's what I created.


I altered a cake box and transformed it into a vintage-style treasure box using a mix of Graphic 45's Curtain Call and Renaissance Faire collections.

I converted the cake box by attaching hinges and a close featuring a Graphic 45 metal button. I then went to town with all the beautiful Graphic 45 patterned papers, layering the images with muslin, lace trim, pearls and a couple of Graphic 45 metal butterfly embellishments and buttons.




I also added some homemade gold corners fashioned out of paper and given a distressed look.





The inside of the box:



So if you have a cake box lying around, alter it. It's fun. :) And by the way, the original cake box was a bright orange!

2 comments:

kathy/North Carolina said...

This is so beautiful. I love your paper choices. Everything is so neat and finished looking. A treasure!

Sharon Ngoo said...

pretty pretty! :)