Friday, September 21, 2012

Royal Typer Layout

I purchased this vintage Royal Typewriter recently and had to scrap a layout on it.


The typewriter's a Royal Portable Duo Tone in blue, circa 1930. About 500 of these were manufactured in the 1930s in various duo-tone shades, each one of them unique.


I used Zva Creative's flowers and crystals for this layout.


And created a lace and trim border using May Arts Ribbons.


A sample typecast from the typewriter. And don't you think it apt that I found a stamp in my stash of a Royal typewriter?


I created a video tutorial on how I made this layout. Check it out on the May Arts blog: http://www.mayarts.com/blog/layout-creating-a-ribbon-border/




Thanks for dropping by.

List of Supplies:
Zva Creative flowers, leaves & crystal FL-04CA-131, FL-04CA-113, CR-05CA-120, red bulk flowers
May Arts Ribbons : 390-15-09, BY-16, ABB-16
Glitz Design - French Kiss patterned paper & clear stamp
Websters Pages - Trendsetter patterned papers
Prima Marketing - rubber stamp


1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Such a great layout! I love that you used the typewriter on your journaling tag! So fun!