Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Haunting Mini Album

Do you like taking polaroid or instax photos, jotting your thoughts on little notes and just sticking them into a book? That's what I had in mind when I made this Halloween Mini Album. I gathered up my Graphic 45 Happy Haunting papers, some manila tags, cardstock papers and May Arts Ribbons. Then I simply bound them together using a quick and effective bookbinding technique. What I liked about this mini album is I could use up the smaller scraps of patterned paper I had left over from earlier projects and just bind them into the book. Then it was just a matter of finding my favourite embellishments and decorating the album with them. Happy Haunting chipboards and stickers were especially fun as they coordinated perfectly. Then for some spooky goodness, I added brown netting from May Arts Ribbons in between the pages for a cobweb feel. And then into my stash of leaves I went and found a lovely skeleton leaf to place on the cover, along with some black and white leaves and brown flowers which I'd recently bought from my holiday to Bangkok. I've made a video tutorial on how I created the album using a simple bookbinding technique, as well as a clip of the album so you can see all the pages inside. Have fun making up your own Halloween Mini Album.







Here's the video tutorial:



And here's a look at the inside pages:



List of Supplies:

Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Patterned Papers - Happy Haunting, Trick or Treat, Pumpkin Time, Hallowe'en Greetings, Midnight Magic, WordPlay, Jeeper's Creepers, Bewitched, Fright Night.
Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Chipboard 1 and 2
Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Stickers
May Arts Ribbons - Brown Net, Yellow Baker's Twine, Orange Grosgrain with Ivory Stripes
American Crafts Black Cardstock
Flowers & Leaves - own stash


1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Sue...this is beautiful. Your work is so detailed and thoughtful. I appreciate how interactive your creations are, too. They just invite you to touch, lift, flip, and enjoy. You are amazing!