Calling all crafters! We’ve gathered designers from some of our favorite manufacturers to show you ways to create something from the heart this holiday season. This 3 day Hop includes over 60 stops with inspiration brimming from every corner. Explore all of the thoughtful and frugal handmade gifts you could create for the holidays, all in one place, during our second annual Handmade Holidays Blog Hop!
To sweeten the Hop, we’re offering a gift for you! For every comment you leave on the blogs in the Hop, you’ll be entered to win a prize pack from one of the participating manufacturer sponsors. Here's what you stand to win from Graphic 45:
Here's my holiday inspiration for you and how you can make it yourself.
It's a recipe book for Afternoon Tea delights created using Graphic 45's A Ladies Diary collection. The recipe book is made from paper bags, which made me think of groceries, of baking ingredients, of cakes and cupcakes and hence a recipe book. :D
As you can see, the recipe book has pages of varying sizes plus lots of pockets for inserts, extra notes and photos.
Lots of decorated pages awaiting new recipes...
Like what you see? Here are the instructions:
Afternoon Tea Paper Bag Mini Album Tutorial with Susan
List of Ingredients:
10 paper bags
Graphic 45 A Ladies Diary patterned papers
Graphic 45 A Ladies Diary chipboard die cuts
Graphic 45 A Ladies Diary stickers
May Arts Ribbons
1. Stick down the base of all your paper bags.
2. Fold this base over itself. Do not stick down. You now have a larger half of the paper bag which will form a page, and a smaller half (the base) which will be used as the connector for your mini album. Trim the length of the larger half of the paper bag to your desired page size. Mine's 6x6 inches.
3. There are essentially two ways to form the inside pages of your mini album. The first method is as follows: Take two paper bags, butt them up against each other and adhere the two bases together as shown. You now have a page, a flap, followed by a page.
4. The second method connects the paper bags by creating pockets. Run adhesive along the two sides and bottom of one paper bag base. Adhere this to the page of a second paper bag, forming a pocket. You now have a page, followed by a page with pocket.
5. Now just use these two methods to create as many pages of your mini as you wish.
6. Moving on to the cover of the mini album. I wanted my album cover to be sturdy so I created it using two paper bags. Fold two paper bags as shown in the photo and adhere them to each other.
You now have a sturdy cover with a connector base. Attach the connector base to your inside page using the connector as a pocket. See instructions in Step 4.
This is how my inside cover looks attached to the next page:
7. You can make your back cover the same way you made the front cover. Or you can do what I did. I extended the back page and overlapped this with the front cover. This design requires a fastener to close the book securely. What you need to do is to attach a couple of Graphic 45 chipboards to the front cover and the flap of the back cover and wind twine around the two chipboards. See photos of my completed book for how I did it.
8. Now decorate your mini album with Graphic 45 patterned papers, May Arts ribbons, flowers & leaves and you’re done.
The recipe book is secured by winding a length of matching twine around two Graphic 45 chipboard pieces.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Be sure to leave a comment on this blog and the others listed below by Nov 27 2012 11.59PM PST for your chance at winning the fab prize.
Clearsnap – http://clearsnap.blogspot.com
Hampton Art - http://blog.hamptonart.com/
Graphic45 – http://g45papers.typepad.com/
Fiskateers - www.fiskateers.com/blog
Donna Salazar Designs – http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/
Tombow USA – http://blog.tombowusa.com/
Authentique Paper - http://authentiquepaper.blogspot.com/
The Twinery - http://www.thetwineryblog.com/
Eileen Hull for Sizzix - http://eileenhull.blogspot.com/
Globecraft Memories – http://globecraftmemories.blogspot.com
Dana Warren - Hampton Art - http://kraftpaperstamps.blogspot.com/
Steph Ackerman – Globecraft Memories - www.stephaniescraps.blogspot.com
Arlene Cuevas – Graphic 45 - http://butterflykisseswithlove.blogspot.com/
Susan Lui – Graphic 45 - http://luv2scrap-pages.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE
Ashley Bores – The Twinery - http://www.heartmadelife.com/ GO HERE NEXT
Mistra Hoolahan – Donna Salazar Designs - http://mistrabutterfly.blogspot.com
Nina Yang - Hampton Art - http://waffleflower.com/
Angie Blom – Authentique Paper - http://angieblomdesigns.blogspot.com/
Denise Hahn – Clearsnap – http://inmyblueroom.blogspot.com
Stephenie Hamen – Fiskateers - www.mycraftyadventures.com
Guiseppa Gubler – Authentique Paper - http://guiseppagubler.blogspot.com/
Jessica Fick – The Twinery - http://iembellish.blogspot.com/
Each day we will be sharing a brand new list of blogs with brand new projects for you to explore, be inspired by, and create from!
Cheers to creating gifts from the heart this holiday season!