Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mixed Media Canvas - Ride

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to take a few workshops with Anna Dabrowska-Pekocka, aka Finnabair. I've always loved Anna's work from way back when we were in the Tattered Angels design team together. She has a way with paints, mists and textures which is an inspiration to many who dabble in mixed media art.

Here's one of my favorite workshops I took with her. It's a mixed media canvas. Anna guided us through the intense layering of fabric, metal findings and applications of paints, mists and gesso. What I especially liked about her workshop was that she not only demonstrated and guided us on the methods but strongly encouraged us to do it our own way. As a result, everyone's canvas came out completely different.

Here's my canvas. I went for a midnight blue and pale lime green combo - my favourite colours to use on canvas pieces, I've come to realize.







I see more of these mixed media canvas in my future. :)

1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I sure hope so, because this canvas is fantastic! I love the gradation of color from light to very dark blues....so effective in moving the eye through the piece. Then, those lovely pops of color from the yellow roses. And all that luscious texture....fabulous!