Here's what the mini minis look like. They measure just 3x4 inches and can be used as little diaries or for sticking in little photos or stickers. They're also useful for when you're traveling. I brought one of these along on my recent holiday to Bangkok.
So here's what you'll need:
1 sheet of Graphic 45 patterned paper of your choice
Craft knife or scissors
1. Trim a 4x12 inch piece from your 12x12 inch Graphic 45 patterned paper. Set this aside for creating your notebook cover.
2. Take the 8x12 inch piece of patterned paper. Score the paper in half lengthwise. Next, score the paper breadthwise in 3 inch intervals. You now have 8 scored panels measuring 3x4 inches each.
3. Cut along the fold lengthwise as shown, cutting across only 3 panels.
4. Fold the patterned paper as shown.
5. Bring the uncut panel together as shown and fold the other pages to form the semblance of the notebook. Glue the 2nd and third panel together to form a page; glue the 4th and 5th panels to form a page; and glue the 6th and 7th pages together to form a page. You now have a front and back page of single page thickness and three inside pages of double page thickness.
6. Create a cover using the remaining 4x12 inch patterned paper. Trim off the excess paper and glue the cover to the front and back sheets of the notebook.
7. Decorate the cover and you're done! A quick mini notebook measuring just 3x4 inches, perfect for quick notes or even photos and autographs. I used the images from Graphic 45's School Days patterned paper from An ABC Primer collection to decorate my notebooks. The book plates are just the perfect size for the note book.
If you'd like a printable format for this tutorial, click here: Mini Mini Printable Tutorial. And here's the direct link to the Newsletter.
Let me know if you create a little notebook using this tutorial. I'd love to see it.
Have a great weekend!