Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cutie - A Graphic 45 layout for PaperCrafter's Library

I'm a featured artist on PaperCrafter's Library today and here's what I created for the blog post - it's a layout of my cute little doggie using Graphic 45's Place In Time collection.


I've used Place In Time's May Cut-Aparts and May Foundation papers in this layout. I love the purple on this patterned paper and the wonderful springtime images of flowers and butterflies.



I created a circular background, using doily punchers to create a lacey scrunched up border, and layered this over more patterned paper and doilies.



To complement the floral images in the patterned paper, I've embellished the layout with a flower cluster on either side of the photo, with cut-out butterflies flitting through the flowers.



The title is on a purple banner using sticker alphabets from Graphic 45's Happy Haunting Alphabet Stickers. I layered the alpha stickers on a couple of sheets of purple patterned paper, popping them up with 3D foam dots for more dimension. The banner is linked together using a lovely green silk ribbon from May Arts and the ends of the banner ribbon flow into the flower clusters in a soft swirl.





List of Supplies:
Patterned Paper - Graphic 45 Place In Time May Cut-Aparts & May Foundation
Alphabets - Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Alphabet Stickers
Adhesive - Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares
Ribbons - May Arts Ribbons silk ribbon

5 comments:

HappyScrappin said...

Sue..this is gorgeous!! Love your design and use of beautiful flowers. Wonderful page!!

ehbost said...

So lovely! This LO does Cutie proud. Well done!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

oh my goodness! What a lovely layout. I love your color choices, and the way you have wreathed the image in gorgeous flowers and lace.

Moira said...

What a lovely layout. I like the colour combo as well as the circular style. Your dog is also a great subject :)

artjunkie2 said...

Your layout is so cute!! I lov the banner across the bottom!