Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love Card & Tutorial

Thanks for all your birthday wishes everyone!

Here's a Love Card I created for Graphic 45.







The card is quick to recreate and it uses just a single sheet of Graphic 45's Place In Time February Cut-Aparts, together with some Graphic 45 Staples, lace, flowers and leaves.

Instructions:

1. Trim your beige cardstock paper to a bracket shape measuring 6"x5".


 2. Attach Graphic 45's Place In Time February Cut-Aparts patterned paper to the front of the cardstock.

3. Stick the scallop-edged border strip from the Place In Time stickers to the card as shown.


4. Attach the May Arts pearl trim lace to the card, overlapping the border sticker.


5. Cut out two tags from the Place In Time February Cut-Aparts. Tie seam bindings to the tags and attach the Graphic 45 Staples Stamped Metal Brads.



6. Attach the tags to the right of the card, as shown.


7. Arrange a cluster of seam binding, flowers and leaves to the tags.


8. Adhere a flower to a small Graphic 45 Metal Butterfly.


9. Attach butterfly to the bottom left of the card and you're done!



List of Supplies:
Graphic 45 Place In Time February Cut-Aparts
Graphic 45 Place In Time Stickers
Graphic 45 Staples Stamped Metal Brads
Graphic 45 Staples Metal Butterflies
May Arts Ribbons Lace
Beige Cardstock
Flowers & leaves
Seam Binding



3 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Sue, I just love your work! The shape of this card is so graceful and elegant. The layered papers create a lovely backdrop for those sweet tags and your gorgeous flower cluster. Then, the butterfly perfectly balances the composition. You are amazing!

jan said...

Hi Sue, so sorry that this message is a couple of days late, I have been unwell, but much better now! I am the winner of the $90 blog prize and I share my birthday with Graphic 45 and you on the same week so I want to wish you belated birthday wishes, I hope your birthday was everything you wanted it to be and more. My grandson age 3 now also shares our birthday on the same day as myself so all in all a fabulous week for all of us! I have just become a follower of your blog and would like to say that I think that your work is beautiful and you are indeed a credit to Graphic 45, they are my favorite Company of all time and have been for a few years, I have a lot of their paper, but happily not the ones that I have won! It was meant to be and I am over the moon with happiness, who could ask for a better birthday present except for my grandson of course, that was the all time best lol. Thank you for reading all of this Sue, Enjoy the rest of our birthday month.

Hugs Jan x

Sue Lui said...

Hi Jan,

Happy belated birthday to you and your grandson too! What a wonderful coincidence. I tried to send you an email but it kept bouncing back so I hope you're able to read this message. Thank you for all your sweet comments and I hope you have lots of fun creating memories with your Graphic 45 goodies.

Love, Sue