Friday, February 1, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas - Click!

Here's a mixed media canvas I created for Graphic 45.


The canvas plays on light and shadows and the use of textures and layers. I used the negative part of the Graphic 45 die cut chipboard as a base on which I built up the dimension on the canvas, layering it with lace, twill, flowers, leaves, resin, glass, chipboard and alphas.


I used Graphic 45 Cling Stamps to add shadows around the canvas.



At the 'light' corner of the canvas, I created a cluster out of Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue die cut chipboards and Graphic 45 Staples Metal Ornate Key and Metal Ornate Key Hole.




List of Supplies:
Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue Die Cut Chipboard
Graphic 45 Staples Ornate Metal Keys
Graphic 45 Staples Ornate Metal Key Holes
Graphic 45 Cling Stamps Tropical Travelogue
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists



4 comments:

Natali Yarkova said...

Очень насыщенная и красивая работа !!! Столько красивых деталей и украшений !
Мне очень она понравилась !

cardgirl said...

Oh gosh, just seen this on G45 & HAD TO check it out in detail. It is just stunning, truly stunning!! I am still new to mixed media, only done one canvas so far & unsure of rules etc. I don't suppose you did a video tutorial? Thank you for amazing inspiration!! Caroline :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Sue, this is stunning! I love the deep dreamy colors you selected. Your compositions are always so balanced! Even though you have a lot going on here, it's not the least bit busy. The main image still shines. I just love the way you use flowers and the flow you create within the piece. Gorgeous!

Tash Daly said...

I just love this, so so clever. Love the tonality.