Friday, March 29, 2013

From The Pages Of The Secret Garden

Here's a project I created using Graphic 45's Secret Garden and Olde Curiosity Shoppe collections. As the Secret Garden collection takes its inspiration from the book of the same title, I thought it would be fun to create a 3D illustration of 'From the pages of the Secret Garden." The project shows an open book with scenes from the book, and butterflies fluttering about in the garden, seemingly suspended in mid-air. One of the pages features text stamped on cardstock from Graphic 45's A Ladies' Diary Cling Stamp. I love how you can combine different collections from Graphic 45 because they complement each other so well.







List of Supplies:
Graphic 45 Secret Garden patterned papers - Secret Garden, Pretty Primrose, April Showers, Springtime, Spring Flowers
Graphic 45 Secret Garden Banners
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Butterfly Species
Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary Cling Stamp 1
Prima Markeeting flowers

11 comments:

Jeanann said...

Ms Lui this is beautiful! I plan on attempting to make one for my friend .. her infant daughter passed away from heart problems and she said each time she sees a butterfly it reminds her of her daughter. If you could give me some basic assembly tips I would greatly aprreciate it.

Caroline said...

I had to come straight over from G45 blog to see this in more detail. It is so enchanting & magical. The butterflies are so clever & beautiful. How did you make it?? I do hope I will find a tutorial here. Wonderful job! TFS :)

Jacqueline said...

This is simply beautiful,what an amazing project,the colours are so vibrant,what a work of art.You must be so proud of this.Jacqueline.S

Barb said...

Barb
this is amazing!! i hope to find a tutorial.

Barb said...

this is a amazing!! i hope there is a Tutorial.

Bren said...

Wow..oh wow...oh wow !!! A-mazing !

Jeannie Donnelly said...

Hi, This is so so so absolutely beautiful, beautiful, beautiful - love,love,love it. I think I'm just going to have to case it.
All your work is fab, love your blog!
:) Jeannie xxx

Gizmo said...

Absolutely stunning! Would like to create something similar, could you please post some instructions on how you created this?

sandi said...

This looks like a miracle. I am mesmerized by the floating butterflies.

tatiscrap said...

I love you blog!! Kiss from Spain

Raquel Bautista said...

Extraordinary job... pa bien!! (Which means... congratulations).