Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Venetian Mask

I was inspired by my recent holiday to Italy to create this Venetian Mask using Graphic 45 papers. I decided on an older Graphic 45 collection, Renaissance Faire, because the lush colours and designs best suited the Venetian mask I had in mind. I created the top part of the mask entirely from Renaissance Faire patterned papers, twirling them so they hold their curls, for which Venetian masks are known for. At the end of the curls I added some Graphic 45 Staples Ornate Brads and Metal flowers. A fussy-cut flower adorns the left of the mask, together with flowers and more Graphic 45 Staples Metal Flowers and Brads, as well as a die cut flower from the new French Country collection. This mask was a pleasure to experiment with.







List of Supplies:

Graphic 45 Renaissance Faire patterned papers - Awakening, Florentine, Tudor Rose
Graphic 45 French Country Collection Flowers
Graphic 45 Staples - Metal Flower, Ornate Brad, Stamped Metal Brad
Prima Marketing flowers and butterfly

3 comments:

milissa d said...

that is beautiful..........I just came back from epcot and I was in Italy and saw some masks and thought hmmmmm id like to try that!!! where did u get the mask itself??? did u paint it??

love it.....
follow me
defuscodesign.blogspot.com

Jody said...

Love what you did here, Very cool looking! Is that a halloween mask painted black?

Favorite Favors said...

OMG, Love this mask!! This is a fantastic creation.