Graphic 45 gave me a special assignment to create a tutorial for the CreaTV: Northridge Publishing blog and here's what I came up with. It’s a tag mini album I created from scratch using Graphic 45’s Staples Tags, Metal Butterfly, Metal Ornate Key and French Country collection. The tags form the pages of the mini album as well as the cover.
For your chance to win $100 prize package of Graphic 45 French Country products, go to my tutorial at Northridge Media as well as Graphic 45's Facebook page and make a comment on both pages. And now, on to the tutorial. :)
What you’ll need:
Graphic 45 Staples Large Tag Album
Graphic 45 Staples Small Tag Album
Graphic 45 Staples Metal Butterflies
Graphic 45 Staples Ornate Metal Keys
Graphic 45 French Country collection – Abundance and Provence.
Graphic 45 French Country Chipboard 1 & 2
Flowers, leaves, ribbons, string of pearls and a doily.
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock measuring 12” x 3 7/8”. Score the cardstock at the following intervals: 1”, ½”, ¾”, ¾”, ½”, ¾”, ¾”, ½”, ¾”, ¾”, ½”… and so on until you reach the end of the cardstock. The last scores should be ¾”, ¾”, 1”.
3. Glue together the ¾” panels. Now put this aside and we’ll come back to it later.
4. Next we’ll be working on the cover and spine. Cut 2 pieces of chipboards measuring 3 7/8” x 6” for the front and back covers. Adhere French Country Abundance patterned paper to all 4 sides of the chipboards.
5. Take a large tag and score it at 4 ¾” and 7 ½”. Fold along the score lines. This will make up the decorative spine for your tag album.
6. Cover the outside of the large tag with Provence patterned paper.
7. To reinforce the spine, cut a piece of chipboard measuring 2 ¾” x 3 7/8”. Now punch 6 holes into the spine as shown.
8. Adhere this chipboard to the inside spine of the large tag. Punch 6 holes matching those on the chipboard on to the spine of the large tag. Reinforce the holes with eyelets.
9. Thread a black silk ribbon through the holes and tie a bow.
10. Let’s work on the covers now. Attach the accordion fold cardstock to the chipboard covers by gluing the 1” end panels of the black cardstock to the covers. The black accordion cardstock will eventually hold the inside tag pages.
11. Now attach the covers from Step 10 to the tag spine from Step 9. To do this, glue the black accordion spine firmly to the chipboard spine from the tag.
12. Now attach the small Staples Tag Album pages to the accordion, and you have your inside pages. Your tag album is almost done. All you need to do now is to embellish your cover.
13. Let’s start on the front cover. Attach a doily to the cover, followed by a chipboard frame from French Country Chipboard.
14. Attach a Graphic 45 ornate metal key to a metal butterfly using a black silk ribbon.
15. Attach the key and butterfly to the chipboard circle as shown and attach that to the front cover using foam squares.
16. Thread a string of pearls through a chipboard tag and swirl a flourish across the cover. Add some flowers to the cover and the spine and you’re done.
Here’s the completed mini tag album again:
Have fun creating this mini and let me know if you do. :)