Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Time Flies Card Tutorial


Here’s a quick card I made using Graphic 45’s new Steampunk Spells collection. This collection is perfect for Halloween cards but I wanted to make one for a fun all-purpose greeting. So here it is, playing on the phrase ‘Time Flies when you’re having fun.”




 
Supplies List:

Steampunk Spells Vintage Voyage, Tick-Tock, Beware


Tutorial:

1. What you’ll need:

This card makes use of just 3 sheets of Steampunk Spells patterned papers – Vintage Voyage, Tick-Tock and Beware.
a)    Trim a 9 x 6.5 inch sheet from Beware
b)   Cut three clocks from Tick-Tock, one in each size; and the words ‘Time Flies’.
c)    Select a rectangular panel from Vintage Voyage


 
2. Fold the Beware patterned paper in half to form the base of your card. Attach the rectangular panel from Vintage Voyage on to the card base.




 
3. Stick on the words ‘Time Flies’ as shown and write ‘when you’re having fun’ below it.




4. Attach the clocks using dimensional dots as shown and you’re done. 


1 comment:

penfold167 said...

I love this card and I used some of the graphic 45 papers you used on this to make a Halloween card. I wanted a different type of card with no ghosts, pumpkins , witches etc so the Time Flies papers were perfect - steampunk with a touch of Halloween . I used orange and black for my colours.