Welcome to the Third Annual Handmade Holidays blog hop!! The best crafters, designers, and makers have come together to create and share a series of thoughtful, handmade gifts for the holidays during this 3 day blog hop. Our goal is to inspire you to create something from the heart this holiday season as well as share how to use our products in fun, innovative ways. We intend this hop to serve as a resource to you for this holiday season and for years to come.
Hop along to each blog in the list. Each day, from November 1 through November 3, 2013, we’ll be posting a brand new list of blogs to hop to. Comment on each blog, share your favorite posts over social media, and then use the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of each post to enter to win the Grand Prize, a gift basket filled with crafty swag from the companies on the hop! We’re ready to inspire, share, and create – are you ready to hop?
So here's my handmade holiday gift idea. It's an altered candy jar with a Christmas scene at the top of the jar, which you can fill up with your favourite candy for your friends and family.
Want to learn how to recreate this at home? Just read on.
List of Supplies:
The Twelve Days of Christmas collection - 12 Days of Christmas, Christmas Rose, Calling Birds, Swans A Swimming, Joyeux Noel
Twelve Days of Christmas Stickers
1. Gather your supplies - a glass jar, a couple of doilies, a velvet ribbon and some patterned paper from Graphic 45's The Twelve Days of Christmas collection.
2. Cut two circles from your Graphic 45 patterned paper 12 Days of Christmas. Adhere these to your doilies.
3. Score both circle pieces in the middle, fold and attach them back to back as shown.
4. Place on top of the candy jar lid. This will form the base structure for you to build your candy jar topper on. Adhere a length of velvet ribbon around the side of the lid.
5. Cut out the flower bouquets from Graphic 45's Christmas Rose patterned paper and adhere to the circular base structure.
6. Attach more flower and other images as desired on the circular base.
7. Attach a strip of Joyeux Noel on top of a strip of Swans A Swimming and adhere this to the middle of the glass jar. Select your favourite sticker from the Twelve Days of Christmas and adhere over the strips.
8. Add some paper roses in matching colours to your candy jar topper and you're done! Now fill up with your favourite candy.
Here's the list of all the other talented creative designers on the blog hop for today. Happy hopping!
Craft Attitude http://www.jonathanfongstyle.com/blog/
Donna Salazar Designs http://donnasalazardesigns.blogspot.com/
Walnut Hollow http://walnuthollowcrafts.wordpress.com/
100 Proof Press http://www.100proofpress.com/_blog/Blog
ICE Resin http://iceresin.com/icequeen/
Sizzix – Eileen Hull Designs http://eileenhull.blogspot.com/
Graphic 45 – Romy Veul - http://scrapstuffandmore.blogspot.nl/
Clearsnap – Steph Ackerman http://stephaniescraps.blogspot.com/
Sizzix – Tami Mayberry http://tamimayberry.blogspot.com/
100 Proof Press – Vicki O’Dell http://www.vickiodell.com
ICE Resin - Cindy Cima Edwards http://www.cindycima.com/
Donna Salazar Designs – Nadia Canizzo http://samnadia.blogspot.com/
Graphic 45 – Susan Lui http://luv2scrap-pages.blogspot.com/ <-- are="" br="" here="" you="">Sizzix - Lorine Mason http://lorinemason.com/blog/
Smoothfoam – Lindsay Obermeyer http://loops.typepad.com/serendipity/
Donna Salazar Designs – Tracey Sabella http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/
Clearsnap – Meihsia Liu http://meihsia.blogspot.com/
a Rafflecopter giveaway