Monday, December 16, 2013

Steampunk Spells Handbound Journal

I've been away on holidays in England and Scotland, which explains why I haven't been updating the blog. But I'm back. :)

I'm going to start by updating the blog with some projects which have gone up in the Graphic 45 blog.

I had a great time creating this Steampunk Spells handbound journal from scratch. The signatures are stitched onto the spine in a buttonhole bookbinding method, using two-toned twine. The Steampunk Spells patterned papers from the inside pages peek out through the buttonhole on the spine, while a Staples ornate metal key and chipboard dangle from the stitches. One of my favourite parts of the journal is the closure I created using a Staples Ornate Metal Key Hole, through which I threaded a couple of strings of suede which end in two little Staples ornate keys. These suede ties hold the journal shut and can double up as bookmarks as well.







Supplies:
Steampunk Spells Patterned Paper - Totally Wicked, Frightful Folly, Tick-Tock
Steampunk Spells Chipboard 2
Steampunk Spells Alphabet Stickers
Graphic 45 Staples - Ornate Metal Keys
Graphic 45 Staples - Ornate Metal Keyholes
Timeless Twine

No comments: